Senior Member of the Technical Staff
- Associate Editor, Journal on Uncertainty Quantification, 2012-present
- Program Leader, Program on Uncertainty Quantification of the Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute, 2011-2012
- Organizing Committee, Frontiers in the Detection and Attribution of Climate Change, Banff International Research Station, May 27, 2012-June 1, 2012
- Adjunct Associate Professor of Statistics, UCLA, 2008-present
- Member, American Statistical Association Committee on Climate Change Policy, August 2008-present
- Program Committee Chair, National Research Council Workshop on Uncertainty Management in the Use of Remote Sensing Data for Climate Studies, December 2008
- Editorial Board, Earth Science Informatics, 2007- present
- Ph.D. in Statistics, 1999; UCLA
- M.A. in Mathematics, 1992; UCLA
- B.A. in Economics, 1982; Swarthmore College
- Information theory, data compression and statistics
- Massive dataset analysis
- Statistical methods for service oriented architectures
- Statistical methods for climate model diagnosis
- Aerosol science data analysis
- Geostatistical modeling and data fusion
Atmospheric Infrared Sounder (AIRS)
The Atmospheric Infrared Sounder, AIRS, is an instrument whose goal is to support climate research and improved weather forecasting.
Multi-Angle Imaging Spectro-Radiometer (MISR)
The Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer (MISR) instrument provides a unique opportunity for studying the ecology and climate of Earth through the acquisition of global multiangle imagery on the daylit side of Earth.
Orbiting Carbon Observatory (OCO-2)
OCO-2 is designed to provide space-based global measurements of atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) with the precision and resolution needed to identify and characterize the processes that regulate this important greenhouse gas.
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California
- Principal Investigator, Multivariate Data Fusion and Uncertainty Quantification for Remote Sensing (2012-2015)
- Principal Investigator, Likelihood-based Quantification of Agreement between Climate Model Output and NASA Data Records (2011-2015)
- Principal Investigator, Geostatistical Data Fusion for Remote Sensing Applications (2008-2012)
- Senior member, Science Data Understanding Group
- Member, AIRS Science Integration Team
- Co-investigator, Multi-angle Imaging SpectroRadiometer mission
- Scientist, Earth and Space Sciences Division (2001-2004)
- Caltech Post-doctoral Scholar at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (1999-2001)
- Micronomics Inc., Los Angeles, CA
- Research Director (1987-1990)
- National Economic Research
Associates, Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Analyst (1983-1987)
- Braverman, A.J., Fetzer, E.J., Kahn, B.H., Manning, E.R., Oliphant, R.B., and Teixeira, J.A. (2012). Massive Data Set Analysis for NASA's Atmospheric Infrared Sounder, Technometrics, in press.
- Braverman, A., Cressie, N., and Teixeira, J. (2011). A Likelihood-based Comparison of Temporal Models for Physical Processes, Statistical Analysis and Data Mining, Volume 4, Number 3, pp. 247-258, doi: 10.1002/sam.10113.
- Nguyen, H., Katzfuss, M., Cressie, N., and Braverman, A. (2011). Spatio-Temporal Data fusion for Very Large Remote Sensing Datasets, Technometrics, submitted.
- Braverman, A. (2008). Understanding Large-scale Structure in Massive Data Sets, in Encyclopedia of Quantitative Risk Analysis Assessment, Everitt, B. and Melnick, E. (eds). John Wiley and Sons Limted, Chichester, UK.
- Shi, Tao, Yu Bin, Clothiaux, Eugene, and Braverman, Amy (2007). Daytime Arctic Cloud Detection based on Multi-angle Satellite Data with Case Studies, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Volume 103, Number 482, pp. 584-593.
- Braverman, A., Fetzer, E., Eldering, A., Nittel, S. and Leung K. (2003). Semi-streaming Quantization for Remote Sensing Data, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Volume 12, Number 4, pages 759-780.
- Braverman, A. (2002) Compressing Massive Data Sets Using Quantization, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Volume 11, Number 1, pp. 33-62.
Instruments and Science Data Systems Home Page
Contacts in this Discipline